Saturday, November 14, 2015

Books

How do I remember
The most influential books
I have read?
1 John
Showed me You, Lord
And assured me I do believe in You
Philippians
Taught me
Joy is a choice
And I can build my life on that
The Mrs. Pollifax series
Gave me a life renewed by adventure
Even in the senior years
Lord of the Rings
Simply left me with hope
Sara Crewe
Overcame trials even when
Separated
From all she loved
A Tale of Three Kings
Encouraged trusting You, Lord
No matter how the human kings behave
Jane Eyre
Gave a rerun to Sara Crewe
As Jane overcame trials
While feeling all alone
The Paper Bag Princess
Outsmarted the dragon herself
And exposed the truth around her
Brat Farrar
Where I watched You, Lord
Sift the story
Through the evil
To find
Your truth and love
The Gospel of Ruth
With its extravagant partnership
Focused on loving more than enough
With loyalty and exuberance 

Note for Books
1. 1 John, a letter by the Apostle John found in the New Testament of the Bible.
2. Philippians, a letter by the Apostle Paul found in the New Testament of the Bible.
3. Mrs. Pollifax mystery series by Dorothy Gilman.
4. Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
5. Sara Crewe, a children's book by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
6. A Tale of Three Kings, by Gene Edwards.
7. Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte.
8. The Paper Bag Princess, a children's book by Robert Munsch.
9. Brat Farrar, a mystery by Josephine Tey.
10. The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough To Break the Rules, by Carolyn Custis James.


No comments: