Thursday, July 23, 2015

At The Well

A walk outside the town
Brought me to the well where a stranger sat
Calling out he asked me for water
Despite the fact that his people don't speak to my people
Exceptions are noticed
Friends raise their eyebrows
Goals are questioned
He spoke of living water
I rejoiced at the thought of never coming to the well again
Jesus
Knew I needed
Living water overflowing
My world had shrunk over time
Nobody welcomed me
Only me and yet suddenly
Person to person my
Questions were answered
Reality altered
Suddenly I wanted everyone 
To know this life giving truth
Unknown to them was life overflowing
Value beyond the ordinary of the village
Why keep this to myself?
eXcitement sent me back to tell everyone
You can have living water too!
Zero to life in one conversation


No comments: