Thursday, July 9, 2015

Actions

Learning to be a missionary
Learning to be a poet
Learning to understand and speak Karen
Learning to write mysteries
I'm old enough to say goodbye to my child as she marries
But there's still always something interesting to learn

Walking up Meadowlily hill
Walking to the garden
Walking downtown to go to the library
Walking to church
I've survived cancer once & have no desire to see it return
So there always somewhere else to walk

Singing as I walk early in the morning
Singing as I drive out on the highway on my way out of town
Singing as I handle projection at church
Singing as part of a Bible study
I'm often quiet about my life and joys
But there's always a reason to sing.

Reading to know my Lord--Jesus Christ
Reading to enjoy the encouragement of a mystery solved
Reading to hear the thoughts of others
Reading to laugh and be alive in the moment
I'm eager for life to be lived in the now
But there's always something new to read

No comments: